The Simple Series Puppet Supply Kit includes most of the materials necessary to complete one puppet, built according to the instructions of any one of Project Puppet's base Simple Series patterns - the Glorified Sock, the Roly, the Pinhead, or the Melonhead. It also provides a couple of material "upgrades" to improve the quality and durability of your finished character.
- Antron Fleece (sometimes called "Muppet Fleece") - This fabric's seam-hiding capabilities and its ability to be dyed easily make it a perfect addition to any puppet builder's "toolbox". Many Muppets™ and Sesame Street™ characters are constructed in foam with Antron fleece coverings, and now your characters can be too! For more information check the tutorial, Working with Antron Fleece.
- Polyfoam - This regular half-inch thick upholstery foam is used to define the shape of your character. We've included enough foam in the kit for constructing the optional foam skull (found in the Roly, Pinhead, and Melonhead patterns) and for adding Arm Rods and Posable Hands.
- Thin Plastic Sheet - A material "upgrade" intended to replace the stiffened felt/posterboard called for in the Simple Series patterns' instructions and the chipboard/cardboard called for in the Arm Rods and Posable Hands tutorial.
- Red Suede - Another material "upgrade" to replace the craft felt used for the puppet's mouth interior.
What is Included?
- 1/2 yard antron fleece (18" X 60")
- Two 8" X 14" half-inch thick polyfoam sheets
- One 8" X 10" thin plastic sheet (white)
- One 5" X 8" piece of red suede-like fabric
Please note that the kit does not include ALL of the materials necessary to complete a Simple Series puppet. You will still need things like dye, polyester fiberfill, basic sewing supplies, and other materials to create your character's features.
The Perfect Solution
The Simple Series Supply Kit is a convenient and economical solution for anyone venturing into the world of puppet building for the first time. Because it includes supplies for just one puppet, it's the perfect solution for building in small spaces or working with limited storage space. It's also a great way to test out higher-quality materials without the initial expense.